Monday, July 12, 2004

Chopper

The Interview has been blessed today by a resonse from Chopper, chief of the Cello (along with Bass, Kantele and vocals) for the Oysterband. The folk-rock legends have just finished their 25th anniversary tour and very good they were too, thankfully Choper has caught his breath and found time to pen his reply to our fifteen questions of destiny...

Oysterband.co.uk
1) What are your three biggest influences?
The weather, my bowels and the collected works of William Shakespeare

2) Earliest memory?
Being strapped into a pram.

3) The funniest pub tale you can recall...
A penguin walks into a pub and says to the barman 'have you seen my brother' ? Barman says "Idunno, what does he look like' ?

4) When and where were you happiest?
Last time I woke up

5) If you could erase one memory (of your own) what would it be?
I've already erased the worst ones and thus cannot retrieve them.

6) Whats the best bit of Tv you have seen in the last year?
The final of 'I Want To Marry A Millionaire' When two people who had never met, got married live on TV. Him because he fancied the way she looked and her because she knew he was rich. I thought the period for this sort of arrangement was usually for a somewhat shorter time?

7) Why do you do what you do?
Because I can't think of anything else

8) What is the single biggest life changing coincidence/incident you can remember?
The first gig I went to.

9) Any near death experiences?
Does dying on stage count? In that case the night I found myself trying to harmonize with Ronnie Drew of the Dubliners on The Old Triangle at a festival in Denmark.

10) Whilst on that subject, what happens when we die?
What happens is that we can't find our note.

11) Ok, desert Island scenario, what would be your two luxuries?
A large comfortable sailing boat and a dingy to get to it.

12) Most hated media format (besides purile blogs...)
Definately the telly...Satan's Arsehole, or as they call it in Sweden 'Dumburk' , which means 'Stupid Box'.

13) Top hangover cure...
Having a beer and playing a show.

14) Favourite tipple?
Flowers....a Sussex ale

15) One wish, what is it?
Will you leave me alone now ?